The growing demand for open access publishing across all disciplines has led Springer to expand our open access program to fully open access books. As a further addition to our already established SpringerOpen journal portfolio we now offer authors in a wide range of areas within science, technology and medicine (STM) the option to publish open access books.
Why publish a SpringerOpen book?
Freely available online
SpringerOpen books are freely and immediately available online at SpringerLink upon publication and are clearly labeled as 'open access'. They are accessible to anyone worldwide, which ensures distribution to the widest possible audience.
In addition to SpringerLink all SpringerOpen books are listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), increasing visibility and discoverability for your work. They are also automatically included in Springer's eBook Collections at no additional charge to ensure maximum distribution.
Authors retain copyright
SpringerOpen books are published under the Creative Commons Non-Commercial (CC BY-NC) license, so they can be reused and redistributed for non-commercial purposes as long as the original author is attributed.
All book types accepted
SpringerOpen accepts complete monographs, edited volumes, proceedings, and SpringerBriefs.
Available in different formats
The open access eBook is freely available online and accessible to anyone with an internet connection at anytime. In addition to this free electronic version, a print edition is offered for those who still wish to buy a printed book. The open access eBook is automatically included in Springer's eBook Collections at no additional cost. For patrons whose library offers the respective eBook Collection, the printed book is therefore exclusively available as a MyCopy softcover edition.
High quality standards
SpringerOpen books are subject to the same high level peer-review, production and publishing processes followed by traditional Springer books.
Authors benefit from our Open Access Membership Program
SpringerOpen books charge an open access fee at the beginning of the publication process. Authors at our over 400 Member institutions receive a 15% loyalty discount on this publication fee, regardless of the type of Membership their institution has.
SpringerOpen books A-Z
- Advances in Production Technology
- Agricultural Implications of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
- Beyond the Limits to Growth
- Bisociative Knowledge Discovery
- Companion to European Heritage Revivals
- Contemporary Turkey at a Glance
- Ecological Risk Assessment for Chlorpyrifos in Terrestrial and Aquatic Systems in the United States
- Enabling Things to Talk
- Environmental Leadership Capacity Building in Higher Education
- Essential Speech and Language Technology for Dutch - Results by the STEVIN-programme
- Ester Boserup’s Legacy on Sustainability
- Finance for Food
- Fulfilling the Promise of Technology Transfer
- Greening the Financial Sector
- High Density Lipoproteins
- Higher Education Reforms in Romania
- Infrastructure and Economic Growth in Asia
- Interface Oral Health Science 2014
- Innovations in Quantitative Risk Management
- Junge Perspektiven der Türkeiforschung in Deutschland
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science - Telecommunication Economics
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science - The Future Internet 2011
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science - The Future Internet 2012
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science - The Future Internet 2013
- Library and Information Sciences
- Linked Open Data -- Creating Knowledge Out of Interlinked Data
- Managing Elevated Risk
- Managing Protected Areas in Central and Eastern Europe Under Climate Change
- Manifesto of the New Economy
- META-NET Strategic Research Agenda for Multilingual Europe 2020
- Microfinance 3.0
- Migration, Gender and Social Justice
- Natural Computing and Beyond
- Nuclear Back-end and Transmutation Technology for Waste Disposal
- Nuel Belnap on Indeterminism and Free Action
- Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions of Gases and Particles
- Opening Science
- Perspectives on European Earthquake Engineering and Seismology
- Plant Selection for Bioretention Systems and Stormwater Treatment Practices
- Preparing for Life in a Digital Age
- Promoting Social Dialogue in European Organizations
- Radiation Monitoring and Dose Estimation of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
- Reflections on the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident
- Report on Global Environmental Competitiveness (2013)
- Responsive Open Learning Environments
- S-BPM Illustrated
- Science and Technology Governance and Ethics
- Self-Reported Population Health: An International Perspective based on EQ-5D
- Sexual Reproduction in Animals and Plants
- Ship and Offshore Structure Design in Climate Change Perspective
- Skills Development for Inclusive and Sustainable Growth in Developing Asia-Pacific
- Socioeconomic and Environmental Implications of Agricultural Residue Burning
- Solving the Powertrain Puzzle
- Subject-Oriented Business Process Management
- Subseafloor Biosphere Linked to Hydrothermal Systems
- Sustainable Land Use and Rural Development in Southeast Asia: Innovations and Policies for Mountainous Areas
- Sustainable Living with Environmental Risks
- Synchronized Factories
- Talent Development in European Higher Education
- The Onlife Manifesto
- The South Texas Health Status Review
- Transgovernance - Advancing Sustainability Governance
- Understanding Society and Natural Resources
- Urbanization, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Challenges and Opportunities
- Wetlands and Water Framework Directive
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it cost to publish a SpringerOpen book?
SpringerOpen books charge a publication fee at the beginning of the publication process. This fee varies depending on the number of pages per book.
2. My institution participates in the Open Access Membership Program. Do I benefit from this Membership when publishing a SpringerOpen book?
Yes, you do benefit from your institution's Open Access Membership. If your institution is a Member, you will receive a 15% loyalty discount on the publication fee, regardless of the type of Membership.
3. I want to publish a SpringerOpen book. Who should I contact?
Please get in touch with your existing publishing contact at Springer or email Veronika Spinka, SpringerOpen Books Coordinator.
- Open access - publications are freely
- Rigorous peer review
- Authors retain copyright
- High visibility
Find out more about our Membership Program and other library services.