Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
15. Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?
Authors from more than 90 low-income countries receive automatic waivers on submission and do not have to pay article-processing charges. This policy is supported by Springer's open access waiver fund.
- Why do SpringerOpen journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is Nanoscale Research Letters charging?
- Does SpringerOpen offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- How do SpringerOpen's charges compare with other publishers?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?